Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Writing Differnet languages in text file in teamsite
ravisankar
Hi,
I am working on TeamSite 7.2.
I am writing a jsp that writes a text file with chinese, japanies, english characters into it. I am reading the content in UTF-8 and trying to write.
But after writing if i open text file, the other languages characters are appearing with different symbols(???).
Can any one suggest why its happening in TeamSite.
Same code is working fine in my local machine.
Should we check any other configuration related to teamSite?
Please help me in this.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
We do not have enough information to provide any non-trivial advice. Encoding issues may be caused by various reasons.
In general, there are no TS Configurations that directly affect an output from your own custom code. You *may* have
some issues with TS-provided packages/APIs if you use any, but that's it.
In your place I would first of all double-check if the output is indeed mangled/malformed or the manifestation
is just an artifact of the Editor you've used to open generated File. Some Editors like for example UE use
question mark to denote "wrong" (incorrect for the assumed encoding) Octets, etc...
Try to read the file in hexadecimal mode to see what actually happened. Post your finding and we can go from there.
ravisankar
Hi,
I fixed this issue.
The main consideration that we should take care are:
1. Encoding type should be utf-8 in iw.cfg (default ASCII)
2. Every text file should be saved in utf-8 or ANSI
3. Should follow encoding formats while reading and writing data in utf-8
4. The main important thing is multiple languages should be configured in our system.
Thanks for your reply