Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Import File -BUG (Need interwoven repsonse)
MoReese
I've seen a lot of people on the forums that are having problem's with importing files -- in that some files, on their local file system are not showing up in the "import files" window. I am also having this issue. I'm yet to see an interwoven representative respond to this issue.
I have seen that someone thinks the issue is with JDK 1.4, or IE 6.0 and the JRE.
I am running IE 5.5 and JDK 1.3.1. (Teamsite Version: 5.5.2.1 )
Does interwoven have a stance on this issue?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
MoReese, the following additional information will help us be able to troubleshoot your problem.
- I'm assuming you are referring to Launchpad when you talk about the import operation. Is that true?
- what IWOV app were you using when you tried the import - were you in WebDesk, WebDeskPro, TFO, TeamPortal....?
- Were you within a workflow or editing a file, ....
- Your post says 'local file system', are you saying that Launchpad didn't see the files on its directory? Usually Launchpad uses this directory: C:\IWTemp
- Did this used to work and now it does not?
- Does import work for some users but not others?
- Any other information that might be helpful is appreciated.
Lissa
lissa
MoReese
Lissa, Thanks for the help...
Actually, I don't think I'm talking about Launchpad. I'm is the regular Teamsite GUI (not webdesk), and I click on the "File/Import Files..." menu option. I am then given a directory browsing window in the main content area. I can browse all files on my local PC from this window. I am not within a workflow when trying to import a file. Within this window that display's the files and folders that are in the current directory that I am viewing; sometimes certain file show up, and sometimes they don't. I seems to be random.... sometimes, we rename the file, and it then shows up, sometimes, we move it to another directory, and the it shows up .... sometimes we can't get it to show up in the window. An experianced interwoven developer on the team, says that he thinks it is a known problem. I trying to find out if interwoven is aware of it? Is there a certain configuration or permission setting that causes this? Is there a solution?
Migrateduser
OK, now I have enough information to poke around and see if this is a known problem. I just tried it on our production machine. One piece of data that might be helpful -what Platform is your TeamSite server? Windows/Solaris, etc.
And, are you sure the file permissions, etc are all set up so you can see the files?
lissa
MoReese
Yes, the permissions on the file are set up correctly. Teamsite server is running on solaris, and the client machines that are accessing teamsite are windows2000
Migrateduser
OK, our bugdb does show numerous issues with import. The VAST majority have to do with MAC clients, or the Netscape browsers.
I did find one bug that looks like it could be the same issue.
The bug was fixed in 552 SP3, bug ID: 35934.
The problem description says: The Import applet doesn't show me all the files in some directories. I do have read access to the files, so I don't know why some files in a dir
are missing. Strange....Interesting that this bug vanishes if I disable the JRE plug-in and use Microsoft JRE.
I checked with the developer, and the launchpad applet is actually the worker bee behind the scenes.
As far as a workaround, if you disable the JRE plugin the problem should go away.
Alternately you can update to SP3.
Good luck. Lissa
lissa
MoReese
Lissa, Great, thanks. One more thing: How do I "...disable JRE plug-in and use Microsoft JRE."?
Migrateduser
You can disable in here, in Internet Explorer:
Tools->Internet Options->Advanced
Scroll down and unselect "Use java 2..."
Quit and restart the browser and see
if that fixes your problem.
Hope that helps!
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Of course there may be some reason why that version of the JRE was installed on your machine (some kind of internal corporate application may require it), so you may have to switch back and forth to get different applications to work.
I haven't read this whole thread, but does Interwoven have plans to support the Sun JRE?
Migrateduser
I can't comment on future plans, but this particular bug is
fixed in 5.5.2_SP3 which is now available.
rollo
It's strange - I have encountered this problem in the past, but when I try it now - Windows 2000, IE6 (6.0.2800.1106), and Sun Java 2 version 1.4.0_03 - it works fine. Works in Netscape 7.0 too. I also tried it on Win98 with IE5.5 and Java 1.4.0_01, and NS6.2, and they all worked as well. Maybe the latest version of Sun Java also fixes the problem?
Phil
iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 10716
rollo
Ha! I take it back, the problem just turned up again using Sun Java (1.4.0_03). Incidentally, you can type the path in manually even when the directory doesn't show up in the window.
13adam13
When I have encountered this problem, I have been able to select a file in the list, and then use the down arrow key to see the files not originally displayed.
atk
Thanks for everyones input, after trying on several machines we identified its the client JDK version. I checked the interwoven support site for the compatability chart and figured that it should have Java (Sun) 1.4.2 for my version of teamsite.