Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
LSCS and Targeting questions
jsankara
We currently have TeamSite 7.2.1 with Sitepublisher.
To enable targeting/segmentation, Do I need to install LSCS as well or just targeting module ?
Can I enable targeting with SitePublisher (.page) and Forms publisher pages (.dcr) ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
LSCS and targeting are seperate.
Targeting is enabled in your TeamSite license. It will turn on things like creating segments and rules in TeamSite. LSDS can serve this targeted content.
LSCS is a runtime piece which will return targeted content based on a REST call. It is installed on a LSDS server. The DCRs that are submitted can be sent to LSCS and queried from it.
jsankara
Thanks Andy.
I see targeting is enabled on license.
How can I check if targeting is installed or not ? If not installed, should I use the same installer for installing targeting (IWOVInstaller-Linux-7.2.1.0.0.bin) ?
Where will I see create segment / rule options ?
nipper
Targeting is installed as part of TeamSite.
You will see those entries in the File menu (see attached)
jsankara
I don't see them in File Menu.. See attached.
Does it mean targeting not installed ?
CarryoverValues.rptdesign
nipper
I have noticed that before. Even when the license activates Targeting it does not show up. If running a re-install of the product was easy I would say trt it (though I know the answer). But you should not have to do it.
You may be doing a quick support call
DEAPI to create aggregation__cwong.rptdesign
jsankara
Is it possible to install/re-install just the 'targeting' module ?
nipper
I do not know of any way to do that
Adam Stoller
More than likely you'll have to rebuild the UI toolkit - but, as suggested, I'd check with Support first.
nipper
Did you enable lscs=true in ./livesite_customer_src/etc/conf/livesite_customer/content.properties
and
#
# LSCS Rules Engine Properties
#
# Whether to enable rule execution and rule management features
lscs.rules.enabled=true
Combined Join Data Set with XML__cwong.rptdesign
jsankara
I see the options now..after setting lscs.rules.enabled=true and rebuilding the livesite_customer_src
Thanks Andy!
jsankara
what gets installed with LSCS authoring component ?