Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
converting vpath into filename
srosewall
Hi,
Does anyone have a favourite way of taking a vpath and converting it to a filename format?
I'd like to take the branch information available to a workflow , strip out some useful info and convert it into a part of a filename so I can pick up a branch based configuration file.
I'm hoping that there's a neat Perl module (hopefully from IWOV) that I can tap into. If not then I'll do some Perl'ing of my own.
Cheers
Stuart Rosewall
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish here - can you provide an example?
A vpath is generally a filesystem path without the mount point (Y:, /iwmnt, /.iwmnt) preceding it.
An area-relative vpath is the filesystem path from the current directory (.) but without the dot (e.g. [/default/main/www/WORKAREA/waname]/htdocs/something/foo.html)
The branch name can be retrieved from a full vpath using fairly simple regular expressions:
$fullvpath = "/default/main/www/WORKAREA/waname/htdocs/something/foo.html";
if ($fullvpath =~ m%^/default/.*/([^/]+)/(STAGING|EDITION|WORKAREA)/.*%){
$branch = $1;
}
I'm not sure if this answers your question - so as I said, if you provide an example of what you're starting with and what you want to end with - it will be easy for someone to assist you.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
srosewall
Here's the plan:
I get /default/main/bla/bla/bla from iw_branch in a wft.
I'd like to use the branch path I get to pick up a branch specific cfg file (different branches will have different cfg files for the same wft).
So I intend to strip the branch path string down and insert some "_"'s here and there.
I've whacked some Perl code together to do this, but just before I move on to my next bit of development work I was just wanting to know if there are any IWOV PM's available to do the job for me...
Hopefully someone will go - "ah, you want to be using TeamSite::widget - that'll do the job for you". Then again perhaps not.
If there's nothing I can call upon then I'll go with my own bit of code.
Cheers
Stuart
Migrateduser
I'm pretty sure one simple regex would do what you want - but it's still not clear what you want as output. Can you provide a real example of a string you would pass this function and what string you'd want returned to you?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
srosewall
No you're probably right - regex it... I've got something in place now that pretty much does what I want.
Thanks for the responses.
Cheers
Stuart