Try saving the WFM to disk and looking at the actual IPM and JSON code - it might be easier to spot the problem that way...
My biggest pain point so far with this new WFM is that all my models initially appear squished and all the elements (tasks and transition lines) are on top of each other. It's going to be a tedious process to make them look organized and readable. Plus it seems the canvas is fixed - I can't just drag a task over to the edge of the canvas and it extends itself. So I have to become more of an artist to get larger models to look decent and allow someone else to follow the flow easily.
Hello, While you guys are on the topic, may be you can help. Looked into the JSON for first time, working on TS7.3.1 on Sol 10.Wanted to see if at all the External tasks in WFM's will be able to invoke a PERL script with arguments? Or should it be done through a URL task?Thanks,
I seem to recall that you can increase the size of the canvas - if I recall you hover near the middle of an edge and you get an arrow you can click on.
Yes I can make the canvas fill up more of the screen, but I can't seem to slide the tasks over beyond a hard edge. You'd think I could expand the edge out if I attempt to push a task beyond it, but it won't budge.
Would be nice to have a button that formats everything for you, but this is Interwoven we're talking about. I can dream...
That's never going to happen. Unless you can make some assumptions about what the models look like, rendering 'the most legible' graph of a flow is an NP-complete problem. The best you can do is an approximation based on predefined heuristics, and it's very difficult to define heuristics that apply to all cases. And even if you could, this is pretty complex computer science so I'd sooner have them spend their time fixing **** that needs fixing Source: wrote a thesis on the topic a few years ago, using a sampling of real-world workflows from past projects.
I realize it won't happen.