Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple returns from Nested Jobs
nipper
I have a nested job, currently it is approve only. Since the last task in the nested job is endtask, there seems to be only one return.
Can you make multiple returns from a nested WF ? I have a cancel job task that I would like to invoke.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I would make good use of multiple returns from a nested job as well, so add Nike to the list if this ends up being a feature request.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
Can you provide a bit more detail about what you're trying to do?
You can have more than one endtask in a workflow.
You can have more than one task transition to an endtask in a workflow.
You can have a nested workflow set a variable in its parent workflow and have the parent workflow check that variable when control is returned to it so that it can carry through a request to abort the job from the nested workflow.
Does any of that help?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
NEW ENVIRONMENT.txt
OLD EBVIRONMENT.txt
nipper
>You can have a nested workflow set a variable in its parent
>workflow and have the parent workflow check that variable
>when control is returned to it so that it can carry through a
>request to abort the job from the nested workflow.
That is the part I am missing. Right now we have a nested approval (only) process. Would like to approve/reject from
one or more nested and transition to another step. So the piece I am missing is how to transition success/failure to
the parent. Point me to a manual that I can RTFM
Thanks, fish
Andy
Adam Stoller
Check out TeamSite::WFtask::GetParentTask() - once you have a handle on the parent task, you can do all the kinds of things you want to with respect to other TeamSite::WFtask methods.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com