Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to create JSP pages?
kkumar
In Teamsite 6.7.2 by using existing dcr values I have to create JSP pages.
The JSP code will be provided by other developers.
Now from teamsite point of view what should be done in .tpl file so that generated page should be .jsp page.
My understanding is::
I have to mention .jsp in templating.cfg
I have to fetch the values of dcr(s) and use in tpl ( But how can I keep both jsp page coding and tpl coding of dcr fetching values).
I have to see the preview of .jsp page by using separate web server.
Do we have any particular pdf which tells what should be done (configured) to see jsp page preview?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mart2001
You need to update the templating.cfg file to output into jsp files. Once you have the jsp, you will need an app server that can serve jsp files in order to preview. Your tpl should be getting the dcr values as the jsp file should be only for output unless you put those dcr values into a database. Then you would need your jsp file to fetch the dcr values through the database.
kkumar
Do we have any pdf or document for preview jsp pages?
Which directory in the branch/WORKAREA should be kept in "webapps" folder?
kkumar
Please reply devNet guys which pdf/document/link I should refer.
nipper
There is no magic PDF to solve your problem. Mart2001 gave you an idea what you need to do
There are 2 basic issues, one is viewing *any* JSP in TeamSite. 2nd is using TeamSite Forms Publisher to generate a valid JSP.
I suggest you address the first problem. That can be done with the proxy server (the admin manual will help). Get it properly displaying JSP files when you click on them in TS. Then you can address the second issue.
These steps are not difficult. If you cannot do them, then get to training or tell your boss to hire someone who can
kkumar
Thanks Nipper.