I did modify the commit-deploy-plc.xml file but still is not doing anything. I checked the Customer-teamsite-resource-config.xml and the nodes are defined as the attached. Someone mention that the target directory shouldnt be pointed there should be a targetArea variable?Any insight
going through the logs the deployment executes fine just that the target area always comes as E:\Interwoven\LiveSiteDisplayServices\runtime\web
So does that mean that is not looking at the correct file?I see on the name this "LiveSiteRuntimeDeployment1"looking at the logs on OD seems like the deployment are using the fileE:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\conf\lscs\commit-deploy-plc.xml . Is that correct or Im wrong? if so is that where I do the split deployment?
I guess you missed what I said earlier in the thread..The PLC uses the commit-deploy-plc.xml under LiveSiteCSAuth as its template to *generate* the copy/copies under OpenDeployNG. I think there's a subtle difference here between 7.3.1 and 7.3.2, and I don't have a build handy... so unless someone can chime in with the specifics, you'll have to try changing different files and retrying and looking at logs until you can get OD to see you changes (and thus execute your two deployments).Basically what you're looking for is instead of having one microdeploy log called LiveSiteRuntimeDeployment1, you should have two (one for -Static and one for -Dynamic).-- side note (something else to try) --The fact that your log file has a '1' at the end of the deployment name makes me think something else is being generated/rewritten here.. As in I have a vague memory about the PLC maybe creating a whole new <deployment> node and rewriting the whole <exec> piece on you... which means instead of defining separate definitions, you could try defining separate targets within the same deployment./sorry, kinda wish I had a server to play with to give concrete meaning to my ramblings
The OpenDeployWebRoot.xml has a good example, along the lines of this:[HTML] [/HTML]What you're adding is the second [filelist] element.The first [filelist] doesn't specify a [targetRules], so it'll use the definition's global [target]. The second one specifies a [targetRules] that points it at a different path entirely. You can still do your includes/excludes filtering within each [pathSpecification] to get only the right files to each target, or you can use entirely different filelists for each. The latter would require customization of the deployment task's Java code though.
do you know if the this version support the od_Subst_. On the workflow we do specify the TargetNodes and the Webserver(using odSubst_targetWebNode =servername)
do you know if the this version support the od_Subst_. On the workflow we do specify the TargetNodes and the Webserver(using odSubst_targetWebNode =servername)thanks
I don't remember offhand, but it should be fairly straightforward for you to test that.I can say that in 7.2.x, the LSCS portion of the deployment did *not* receive variables supplied by the task via odSubst_, but I can only hope that they've fixed that in 7.3. Worst case, you can subclass and override the LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter to inject parameters into the deployment object, but that's a heavy-handed approach and I'd recommend looking for alternatives first.