Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How do you delete a site?
Bowker
I created a new site call it **** with an a free-form layout type.
I deployed it to our LS server.
Then I realized I needed a fixed-layout.
SitePublisher tells me that you can't change from free-form layout to a fixed-layout. So I deleted the site.
I created a new site called **** with the correct page layout type.
Now I get the error below with I try to deploy the default.site file.
(this is in the OD logs, but I think the solutions resides in the TS side not in the OD side)
DBD: *******************************************************
DBD: SQLException occured in TDbSchemaGroupCfg
DBD: Exception Message: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "fk_site_id". The conflict occurred in database "lscsauth", table "dbo.iwcont_site", column 'site_id'.
DBD: Vendor Error Code: 547
DBD: SQL state: 23000
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mart2001
This has to do more with database constraints than opendeploy or teamsite. When you deploy to the livesite server, information are inserted into the database whether you wanted to or not. You'll need to either remove the constraint, do the deployment, then add the constraint back to the database.
Bowker
I wasn't sure what would happen if I removed the constraints and redeployed a site by the same name with the same alias.
These are the steps I took:
1) disabled foreign key in iw_content referencing to iw_asset
2) disabled foreign key in iw_site referencing iw_asset
3) delete from iwcont_site where site_name='****'
4) delete from iw_asset where ast_relative_path='sites/****/default.site'
5) delete from iw_asset where ast_relative_path='....' (remove any assets from that site you don't want any more)
7) enable foreign keys that were disabled above
(Don't forget to commit your data changes if necessary)
AakarshC
The 2 solutions suggested to me were
1> The dd conf files under /conf/LiveSite all have the element without the "enforce-ri" element.
This element is set to "no" by default and hence the refrential integrity errors when a record is deleted in a table whose primary key is used as a foreign key in other tables.
So the fix would be to update the element in LiveSite DD conf files to:
OR
2> add "On Delete Cascade" in the tables iwcont_site and iw_asset .