Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Rotating Access Log
seeDerekNow
Anyone rotate their access logs (iw-home/iw-webd/logs/access.log)? What server processes are dependent on this file? I would like to rotate this log file on a scheduled basis since it tends to get quite large after a period of time.
Thanks
Derek
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What platform are you on - Windows or Unix?
On Unix, you can, I believe, run /etc/init.d/iw.server stop; move the logs aside; /etc/init.d/iw.server start
On Windows it's a bit more complicated if I recall - you have to stop all, or most all of the services (iwserver, iwwebd, etc., including the TeamSite Report service) - the move the logs aside, and then reboot the server (you can try bringing up the services manually - but there are often issues with this - less so now than in TeamSite 3.1 [from experience] - but still it's better to reboot).
NOTE: I have *not* attempted this in some time - so the above should be taken with the proverbial grain of salt.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)