Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Install of OD 7.2.1 has @LongLink errors
cpm_dst
Environment: Solaris 10 08/07 on a Sun T2000.
Install file: IWOVOpenDeployBaseFull-Solaris-sparc-7.2.1.tar.gz
Installing OD 7.2.1 Base finishes but has LongLink errors during extraction of files from ODNG_base_full.tar. The extraction is done by the install script.
Apparently Solaris tar cannot handle long filenames (> 100 char.) in a POSIX tar file, which I'll assume the Install file must be.
Has anyone encountered this before and if so, how did you deal with it?
TIA,
David Taylor
CE CMS Administrator
Codes and Evaluations | NRC Construction Portfolio
National Research Council Canada
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I can't say I've dealt with this - but my gut reaction would be: Download and install GNU tar and make sure it's on your PATH environment before the OS tar and then try again.
cpm_dst
Thanks for the suggestion, gtar correctly extracted the files from ODNG_base_full.tar.
Autonomy Support had recommended extracting with 'tar xivf' but that did not prevent the LongLink errors and truncated file names. I'm sending them feedback about this.
Cheers,
David
David Taylor
CE CMS Administrator
Codes and Evaluations | NRC Construction Portfolio
National Research Council Canada