Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How can I know edition name ?
megamala
How can I get the edition names of Latest Edition and Previous Edition. I want to compare these editions after deployment. We have some XML files in Editions, but we are not deploying to the Production Server. After Deployment , I want to compare these Editions to get the differences of XML files.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Editions are a TeamSite concept, so you might want to check whether there are tools available for returning latest edition, ...
One idea if you want to diff two editions or a source and target directory is to run a simulated deployment. This will return the manifest of files that differ between the two places being compared.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure about "previous edition" - but you can use the TeamSite CLT iwlasted to get the "latest edition" name (and iwnexted to get the next automatically generated name for the next edition).
--fish
Strolling Prime Minister of no fixed address
megamala
Is DNR scripts fire in simulation deployment.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
Migrateduser
No, DNRs are not run in simulated deployments.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
megamala
I am executing a Script in DNR. That Script process manifest file and create one xml file.
If I give <dnrFile location="target" when="after" state="s
ucess" mask="" > then its creating a xml file
If I give <dnrFile location="source" when="after" state="s
ucess" mask="" > then its not creating xml file
Is this DNR script won't fire source side. Right now for testing I am using source and target is same. When I use source and target different servers , I want to run DNR script at Source, that means it has to create file in source box.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
Migrateduser
dnrFile is only supported on target systems.
You may want to consider using dnrDeploymentJob or dnrDeployment.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
megamala
Thanks, its working fine.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha