Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visualformat gives the sickness
mcavicchia
Hi ,
I am using VF in some dcts. When I try to create a DCR, The whole IE crashes. I am using IE6.0. Please HELP!!!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I'm sorry, there's not enough information in your post to troubleshoot the problem. What version of TeamSite, including SPs? What version of VisualFormat? What version of Windows? Is this a new VF installation? Is the DCR large, are there many instances of VF?
This data will help to at least understand the problem. You may also want to file a support case.
Regards,
lissa
Bowker
It's getting late on Sunday here - but there are known issues that are corrected by an updated version of VF with IE6.0. Look around here and you will find it. If you can't let me know and I'll see if I can dig up the update.
I believe you may find something at
www.ektron.com
about this issue and the patch too.
MattP
Which OS are you using? XP?
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
Bowker
I don't think it matters - I experienced it on NT4, W2k and I think XP but I'm not sure.
Migrateduser
Also does it crash when you hit the following url
http://<Your_TeamSite_Server>/iw/ewebeditpro20/test.htm
Mike
IWOV Support
Migrateduser
ours crash almost constantly too in xp, ie 6, ts 5.5.2 sp2 and vfe version 2.6.0.7
it happens on large dcts with many replicants and anymore than 1 or 2 instances of the VFE running.
after opening tickets and posts, my advice is to SAVE FREQUENTLY
---------------------
Eric B.
Federated Investors
AOL IM: arthas76
Migrateduser
I heard in 6.x there is only one VFE per template instead of repeated throughout.
Migrateduser
True- you can see the 6.0 FormsPublisher webcast information here:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/webcasts/index.html#webcast-21
lissa
NathanW
We had issues with IE6 running the version of VF that ships with TS5.0.1 - it affected selected users by crashing their browser. We have recently upgraded to TS5.5.2 and it comes with an updated version of VF. Apparrently you "can" install this newer version of VF without doing the full TS upgrade.
Nathan Wall
Department of Transport and Regional Services (Australia)
Migrateduser
Just apply the latest patch to Visual Format from Ektron.
http://www.ektron.com/support/ewebeditpro_support.aspx?id=701
It will solve your problem.
Royal Caribbean Cruises
"<i>Delivering Great Vacations Through Information Technology</i>"