Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unix pipes don't work under workflow
DaveDeutsch
Based on the workflows I have created calling unix shell scripts as external tasks, I have not been able to get unix pipes to work (e.g., cat file | grep "dave"). I haven't gotten TeamSite unix commands that use pipes to work either under workflow. They work from the command line successfully just not under workflow. Anyone have a similar experience and/or solution? We're running on Solaris. Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I always have WF run a perl script (you need to worry about the taskback info anyway).
From there I can use redirection (mostly like >> /tmp/ARK.txt 2>&1)
Andy
DSC.jpg
DSC2.jpg
Migrateduser
I just tried it out on 552 SP2 (solaris 8) using a simple XML job spec and invoking the workflow via iwjobc. The workflow was one simple external task to run a shell script and it worked as expected. I command I executed was the following:
#! /bin/sh
ls -l /tmp | grep test > /tmp/hello.worldi.jed
The results was a file listing all files in the tmp dir with 'test' in the file name. If you want the job spec lemme know and I will upload it. (I am too lazy to FTP the file over to my laptop right now.)
--
Interwoven Consultant
DaveDeutsch
We're still using Solaris 7 on TS 4.5.1 (upgrading soon!)