Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How do you explain TS to your content contributors?
nico
First off forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask this question.
I'm trying to explain the concepts to my business users of how one piece of content can be outputted to several locations within several pages via ts templating.
I'm also trying to explain how their content decision is key in deciding how the dct will be design/developed.
I'm doing this to little/no avail, so i'm asking if any of you can share any documentation, guidance, or tips?
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
See about getting an Autonomy Interwoven Sale [Engineering] Representative to come and provide a high-level "training" presentation.
Bhargav Coca
Or if you have access to support site, there are webcasts which shows what the tool does. You might wanna search for a basic one and play it to them.
Remember, with more information to business users the requirements for you gonna increase. Which is good, cuz you get to implement a better product.
Thanks
Rick Poulin
I agree with the above about a training and/or webcast probably being the best avenue. However, I'd add that the point you're trying to drive home is that presentation and content are no longer tied together (vs. dreamweavered html) and are managed separately. Business users manage the content in a structure that is (ideally) independent of presentation; web programmers manage the presentation in a structure that should not care what the content actually is (only cares about the structure in which the content is captured). If you can get them to understand that, then the rest should come more easily.