Environment[indent]TS 7.3.1 (not-yet-patched) on W2K8 64-bit[/indent]
Scenario[indent]We have a situation where we're pulling in content from, essentially, a news feed - and constructing the SitePublisher files programmatically (it's a bit more involved, but that's the general picture).
These Page files then need to be published to the target servers (Staging + Production).
The desired workflow process has
no user-interaction (unless an error occurs in one of the automated scripts, and then there's an error-handling grouptask for that) - including no instantiation interaction (the job would be kicked off with
iwmodelc)[/indent]
Problem[indent]If I try to just perform the "Publish - Staging" step (URL External Task) without having gone through Attach Dependencies or Attach Deployment Target - the workflow fails (
ignore the stupid forum-supplied white-space in the middle of the lines):
Error during task execution: Publish - Staging, message: java.lang.NullPointerException
*** START STACK TRACE ***
com.interwoven.livesite.json.JsonUtils.fromJson(JsonUtils.java:395)
com.interwoven.livesite.json.JsonUtils.fromJson(JsonUtils.java:352)
com.interwoven.livesite.opendeploy.impl.OpenDeploymentServiceAdapter.getDeploymentFileListMap(OpenDeploymentServiceAdapter.java:307)
com.interwoven.livesite.opendeploy.impl.OpenDeploymentServiceAdapter.buildDeployments(OpenDeploymentServiceAdapter.java:243)
com.interwoven.livesite.lscs.impl.LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.buildDeployment(LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.java:220)
com.interwoven.livesite.lscs.impl.LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.buildDeployments(LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.java:133)
com.interwoven.livesite.deployment.impl.BaseDeploymentService.buildDeploymentList(BaseDeploymentService.java:178)
com.interwoven.livesite.deployment.impl.BaseDeploymentService.deployFiles(BaseDeploymentService.java:326)
com.interwoven.livesite.workflow.task.DeploymentTask.deployFiles(DeploymentTask.java:100)
com.interwoven.livesite.workflow.task.DeploymentTask.handleExecution(DeploymentTask.java:49)
*** END STACK TRACE ***
If I put back the Attach Deployment Target task (CGI Task - I don't want) - it still fails:
Error during task execution: Publish, message: 0
*** START STACK TRACE ***
com.interwoven.livesite.lscs.processor.BaseAttributeProcessor.preProcessAttributes(BaseAttributeProcessor.java:211)
com.interwoven.livesite.lscs.impl.LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.buildDeployment(LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.java:269)
com.interwoven.livesite.lscs.impl.LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.buildDeployments(LSCSDeploymentServiceAdapter.java:133)
com.interwoven.livesite.deployment.impl.BaseDeploymentService.buildDeploymentList(BaseDeploymentService.java:178)
com.interwoven.livesite.deployment.impl.BaseDeploymentService.deployFiles(BaseDeploymentService.java:326)
com.interwoven.livesite.workflow.task.DeploymentTask.deployFiles(DeploymentTask.java:100)
com.interwoven.livesite.workflow.task.DeploymentTask.handleExecution(DeploymentTask.java:49)
com.interwoven.livesite.workflow.task.AbstractUrlExternalTask.execute(AbstractUrlExternalTask.java:79)
com.interwoven.livesite.spring.workflow.task.DelegatingUrlExternalTaskProxy.handleExecution(DelegatingUrlExternalTaskProxy.java:124)
com.interwoven.livesite.workflow.task.AbstractUrlExternalTask.execute(AbstractUrlExternalTask.java:79)
*** END STACK TRACE ***
(For those of you who notice such things, yes - that task name changed from "Publish - Staging" to just "Publish")[indent]SIGH: They just installed Patch 1 for 7.3.1 and now WFM doesn't work, so I cannot look at the actual WFM to find the details[/indent][/indent]
What I'm looking for[indent]Has anyone managed to create a fully-automated (no CGI Task) PLC workflow?
If so, can you share [at least some of] the details?
I will shortly be opening a ticket with Support because I truly despise this "black box" type "solution" from them that prevents folks, like me, from doing what I need to do.
If they want to provide alternative "black box" [URL] External Tasks for this - fine (not great, but okay) - but otherwise I need to know the details of what all those CGI Tasks are doing - at least with respect to the dependencies that the publish (deployment) task requires to function correctly.
[indent]Note: We are *not* doing anything with Optimost for these pages, so we don't need any of those tasks - we just want to push these Page files out without requiring user-interaction[/indent][/indent]