Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Staging version of SiteMap
Bowker
We have made extensive changes to our sitemap but will not be ready for production for a few more weeks.
We would like to look at the version currently in production (Staging). Is there a way to do that?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
The way you normally would
Submit direct default.sitemap
revert the old version
Bowker
I was hoping that there would be some way to "peek" at staging without doing that. I was thinking about creating a new workarea (ohhhh... that's bad already) and get latest there.
My issue is the sitemap is actively being worked on by our business area and I don't want to mess them up.
nipper
You can do new workarea & get latest. Do not do development from it or submit things, but I have added a new workarea and used it before.
Bowker
One of my co-workers came up with another option.
properties of sitemap file / versions / compare to staging
That will give you a comparison between two versions.
Or you can edit-readonly/view the raw XML via the file system and a browser, XMLeditor or text editor.
DisplayGrowth2.zip
Frederik
when using SitePublisher, multiple workareas are no longer supported (which gets really silly, if a sales guy comes along and promotes the "1 TeamSite - multiple branches - multiple workareas - everyone collaborates merrily" dream of the past)
we've had some troublesome experience (in 7.2.1)... having 2 workareas caused all sorts of weirdness in the sitemap editor. I don't think it can handle 2 different workareas with different sitemaps for the same site.
Also, the "dependency manager" can get confused if there are 2 workareas (but maybe not so much if you avoid making submits from all but 1 wa)
I'd tread carefully ;-)