This thread is an open thread for comments, simple questions, etc about TeamSite 7.5.
Post any feedback on this thread when you start to play with 7.5.
OK Trying this again. Just booted up a CentOS 64 bit VM, install manual says it requires 32 bit versions of several libraries, but i am hitting a number of errors.
A couple already are installed on 64 bit mode (keyutils-libs, krb5-libs, LibXi) and I get an error Protected multilib versions (32 bit version != 64 bit version).
I am trying with the 64 bit versions and will have to figure out how to revert to the 32 if it fails.
Edit: I ran this to update the 32 bit libs:
sudo yum install --setopt=protected_multilib=false --skip-broken zlib.i686
Worked for everything except the pam module:
Transaction Check Error:file /etc/security/limits.conf from install of pam-1.1.1-20.el6.i686 conflicts with file from package pam-1.1.1-10.el6.x86_64
etc.
Did you get past your original stack trace? Or was this a straight install and the stack trace was during an upgrade attempt? We had a call with IW today to ask if they've had any customers who havehad trouble with upgrading to 7.5. They told us they don't know of any customers who have attempted an upgrade yet. Only one customer who did a straight up install and had no issues. I prefer you be the pioneer and I bask in the glory of your success.
1-2 on the upgrade, but I think it was because some of libraries that I need were missing. Didn't effect 741 but broke this one.
The one that worked is breaking on the LSDS preview and I have not really dug into it.
I decided to do a clean install and will work on that tonight.
OK Now JBoss is not starting up on my fresh install. Doesn't look like the war was deployed properly, but I cannot find any errors.
cannot access `/opt/interwoven/ApplicationContainer/standalone/deployments/iw-wcmweb.ear/iw-core.war/WEB-INF/conf': No such file or directory
I find it ever amazing that it's the customers themselves doing the user acceptance testing for production released products ,for the most basic of basic part of the product : the installation.
I feel a new question popping up , to adress to HP in March meetup in London :-) .
I just created a case with some basic questions on the upgrade , let's see how that turn out.
I got yet to download and install the product on our lab server.
Thanks for posting all your 7.5 experiences ,that'll help us all.
Cheers,
K.
Didn't HP say this was a new DevNet and they were going back to the days when they monitored this site and would respond to questions and issues here? Or was I hallucinating (again)? Sure would be nice if someone from HP made an effort to assist with these kinds of things that their customers are experiencing. There's no excuse for an installation package to go sideways and not address it quickly.
OK so I have figured out that JBOSS is failing. I see this stack trace which looks like the issue:
10:52:32,875 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS017534: Registered web context: /iw-registry10:52:33,724 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS010404: Deploying non-JDBC-compliant driver class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (version 5.1)10:52:33,725 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS010404: Deploying non-JDBC-compliant driver class com.mysql.fabric.jdbc.FabricMySQLDriver (version 5.1)10:52:33,743 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS010417: Started Driver service with driver-name = iw-cc.war_com.mysql.fabric.jdbc.FabricMySQLDriver_5_110:52:33,753 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS010417: Started Driver service with driver-name = iw-cc.war_com.mysql.jdbc.Driver_5_110:52:34,340 INFO [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-5) INFO - registering logger config /opt/interwoven/ApplicationContainer/standalone/deployments/iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/conf/log4j.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jboss/as/cli/CommandLineMain : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.doDefineOrLoadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:345)at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.defineClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:423)at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.loadClassLocal(ModuleClassLoader.java:261)at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader$1.loadClassLocal(ModuleClassLoader.java:76)at org.jboss.modules.Module.loadModuleClass(Module.java:548)at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:189)at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassUnchecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:443)at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:431)at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:398)at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:373)at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:118)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:280)at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:455)10:53:30,702 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS010418: Stopped Driver service with driver-name = iw-cc.war_com.mysql.jdbc.Driver_5_110:53:30,706 INFO [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-8) JBAS010418: Stopped Driver service with driver-name = iw-preview.war_com.mysql.jdbc.Driver_5_1
The manual says this version of hte JAR:
MySQL 5.x mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
But I have a slightly higher version:
/opt/mysql-connector-java-5.1.34/mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar
I am shocked that he very minor version makes a difference.
Will try to back it to 5.1.6 and see if it works.
Hopefully I won't run into that issue since we use Oracle, but I'm not usually that lucky. I am close to being ready to try the upgrade. I have 7.3.2 installed on my sandbox server and it's mostly working. I an unable to get to the TS Admin UI - getting a very ugly stack trace. I'm sure it's something silly, like I forgot to install a patch or something. I have a support case open and hopefully they will be quick about responding to it. Hoping to have my first crack at the upgrade next week.
Using the older JAR file didn't help. Got rid of that stack trace but still JBOSS won't start. Looks like the ear did not deploy (iw-wcmweb.ear does not exist):
chown: cannot access `/opt/interwoven/ApplicationContainer/standalone/deployments/iw-wcmweb.ear/iw-core.war/WEB-INF/conf': No such file or directory
Hi Andy,
Stupid question : did you do the installation with sudo ,or root ?
Kind regards,
Koen
Manual says that sudo is supported. I used sudo. But good point I will try root.
I just got my Admin UI problem resolved, so I need to get my backing store copied over to my sandbox and install my customizations and I'll be in good shape.
I spoke with Akash from support and told him about your stack trace when you attempted an upgrade. He asked me to send him your error so I am going to do that. If there's any other pertinent info you have from when you attempted the upgrade, let me know so I can pass it along to him.
Will look. I have not found the error when it tries to deploy that ear, only the error when it tries to use the ear.
I'm just talking about your attempt to upgrade from 7.4.1 (your other 7.5 thread). The issues you're having with the straight install are (hopefully) not related. Maybe they are. I guess we'll find out when I try to upgrade.
True. What OS version are you running?
BTW, one interesting bit of trivial I noticed is that the manual tells you to disable the OD Admin UI and the CSF Access Service. Even though there is a 7.5 OD Admin included. That may have been the problem.
RHEL 5.5
What do you mean it told you to disable those things? As in don't use OD Admin UI? Or while you're installing TS?
Smitty97007 wrote: RHEL 5.5 What do you mean it told you to disable those things? As in don't use OD Admin UI? Or while you're installing TS?
OK my tests were 6.X. I did an upgrade successfully on 5.7, though LSDS preview wasn;t working. Really didn't care about that server because I needed 6.
From the installations planning manual it says to disable the OD Admin and CSF. I assume that means forever. Try reading the manual I know you avoid it but there are some nice bits of trivial. There is a list of Linux packages you need installed, and they require the 32 bit version, if you are running 64 bit Linux.
Manuals are for cowards.
Thanks for the tip. I will do some light reading when I'm in the company "library" after lunch...
I'm trying to install 7.5 on W2K8R2 (64-bit) - it took me a while to get the OS setup (I hate Windows ;-)) but I believe I got it correctly setup and installed MySQL
OD installed without a problem (and is functional - the first time I did this the CLT didn't work)
TS installation fails when it tries to connect to the DB.
I have mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar (I put a copy in c:\Windows\System32\drivers\)
I did the MySQL installation from mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.23.0.msi
I do not have the MySQL ODBC connector installed (there are issues with that) - but as the documentation doesn't seem to indicate the need for any connector other than the Java one (implicit reference) I don't think that's the issue.
I have a case opened with Support - but figured I'd also post here in case anyone else has gone through this (and come out on the other end successfully)
ghoti wrote: I'm trying to install 7.5 on W2K8R2 (64-bit) - it took me a while to get the OS setup (I hate Windows ;-)) but I believe I got it correctly setup and installed MySQL OD installed without a problem (and is functional - the first time I did this the CLT didn't work) TS installation fails when it tries to connect to the DB. I have mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar (I put a copy in c:\Windows\System32\drivers\)I did the MySQL installation from mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.23.0.msi I do not have the MySQL ODBC connector installed (there are issues with that) - but as the documentation doesn't seem to indicate the need for any connector other than the Java one (implicit reference) I don't think that's the issue. I have a case opened with Support - but figured I'd also post here in case anyone else has gone through this (and come out on the other end successfully)
I saw an error with 5.1.34, I rolled back to 5.1.6 which is the version specified in the manual.
I just tried C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar - and it didn't seem to help.
Yea my failures have been with mysql as well, though on Linux. I may try to get a copy of Oracle or SQLServer and see if it is DB related.
I've shipped my installer.log to Support - I'll wait to see what they have to say before I try going another DB-route (are either of the other DB's free? I don't really want to spend more $'s on this than I have to)