Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
modify extended attributes in STAGING
RobertPisor
Should I be able to set extended attributes on files in STAGING??
We run TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Solaris 8 servers.
A script was run that was supposed to write EAs to the workarea (using iwextattr), but had the STAGING path used instead of the workarea path. When we checked the STAGING dcr's, they all showed up as modified.
When I tried to set extended attributes on a TS 5.0.1 SP2 (Solaris 8) server, iwextattr returned an error message. [Got error 5 from server]
Is this expected behavior from TS 5.5.x?
Thanks,
Robert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mmb
You shouldnt be able to modify any files directly in the Staging areas, be it direct edits or setting extended attributes.
You should make your amendments in a suitable workarea and then submit them to Staging.
- mark
application-texts_sv.rar
RobertPisor
I am aware that all modifications should be done in workareas, then submitted to STAGING. However, programming mistakes do happen ;-)
In previous versions an error was generated by TeamSite itself when one attempted to update attributes directly to STAGING. This appears to no longer be the case and we have a different error condition to trap.
I would like to know if others have seen similiar behavior for setting EAs. I'll open a ticket with support also.
Robert
application-texts_sv.rar
RobertPisor
Just a followup to this situation.
The iwextattr command CAN write to STAGING in the Solaris TeamSite 5.5.2 SP2. No errors are returned to the calling program.
Updates of this type are very dangerous and can result in the corruption of the branch where the attributes are set.
I believe this behavior is being addressed by Interwoven and will be fixed in an upcoming release.
Robert
Migrateduser
Yes there is a bug related to this, 31510, that will be fixed in an upcoming release. The obvious workaround is to not use iwextattr -s and -d on any files in STAGING.