Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
error uploading with SDK function
jrMugz
Greetings,
I am writing a program to update keywords metadata; but when I try to add a value, I get
Error in CMBVariant:: operator MB:: DataValuePtr(). Type of the variant not specified - cannot convert to datavalue.
Again, it is the keywords metadata values that we are having issues uploading.
Please help, as we need to have this project ready as soon as possible. Thanks.
We are using VB in Visual Studio 2005.
Jim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jrMugz
Here is the function that gets the error:
Function GetStringMultiMetaDataValue(ByVal Session As MBSession, ByVal mbMetaDataID As String, ByVal arrValues As Object) As MBMetaDataMultipleValue
Try
Return Session.CreateMetaDataMultipleValue(mbMetaDataID, arrValues)
Catch ex As Exception
Return Nothing
End Try
End Function
Here is how I call it for test purposes:
Try
Dim myStrings() As String = {"dog", "cat", "fish"}
metaDataToRevise.Add(GetStringMultiMetaDataValue(mb, findMetaDataClassID(mb, "Keywords - General"), myStrings))
Catch ex As Exception
‘Log error
End Try
I have tried different Data Types for the string array, same error
{"Error in CMBVariant:: operator MB:: DataValuePtr(). Type of the variant not specified - cannot convert to datavalue."}
Crosstab Difference.rptdesign