Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to provide restriction to folder to some user in teamsite 6.7.1?
jainrahul
Hello,
I need to provide restricted access to certain folders in one of the branch, by restricted access I mean files in folder cannot be edited as well as they are unavailable for deployment.
I tried by clicking on folder properties and then setting permissions to read only for one of the user, also I removed inherited permissions but the user is still able to access the file in the folder.
Also I checked private - do not submit , but still the same problem.
Kindly suggest how can I give restricted folder permission to users in teamsite 6.7.1
Thanks & regard,
Rahul Jain
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Permissions on the folder are part of the equation, but roles is the other. If your user has a role that allows overriding workarea permissions (typically masters, admins and editors will have this), then no combinations of perms will help you. You'll have to review your role definitions.
jainrahul
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to restrict access to bin folder.
Currently I have set no permissions to the folder and the folder for any user apart from administrator remains kind of hidden as I cannot access the files in the folder, but in doing so the preview actually doesn't functions.
Is there any way to hide the folder itself provided the preview functions as it is.
Regards,
Rahul Jain
Rick Poulin
So.. the user needs to be able to read and execute, but not write or publish?
Your use case sounds very strange, and there's no quick and easy solution beyond what I've already said. Either clarify your entire process, or rethink how you're approaching the problem. With what little you've provided so far, it sounds to me like those files probably don't belong in the workarea at all.