Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Providing Access to Users Outside of Corporate Network
mutedtommy
Hi,
I wanted to understand the process of adding users to MediaBin which are outside of corporate network (non AD/LDAP users). Are there some recommendations around this sort of setup.
Initially we were considering that we will be adding local users on MediaBin server for external users and provide them access on MediaBin. Is there some other way of achieving this?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
MediaBin has no concept of 'non-OS users' like TeamSite does, so the only other way might be to set up a local LDAP repository to hold those users. It might be somewhat safer, since you then guarantee they don't have any kind of direct access to the server, but it's obviously more effort.
mutedtommy
Thanks for your reply. I looked through the MediaBin Asset Server Administrator guide. I think local LDAP should solve the problem.
Thanks again.