Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Changing a component
Bowker
Can someone confirm my assumption or better correct me?
I have a component (footer) in which I just found a typo.
That component is part of a template
That template is used on every page
Every page has been deployed to our 'pre production server'
(go figure - testing caught the typo)
My assumption -
To fix this:
Fix the typo
Submit the modified component
Update the component in the template
Update all pages with modified templates
Redeploy all pages to our 'pre production server'
(I'm hoping there's a shortcut to having to redeploy everything.)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Crsb
if the text is inside the component then yes, that sounds like the only way to do it ( unless you do search and replace text on all your .page from the file sys which I wouldn't do). you still have to redeploy all the .pages with the typo. Personally, i keep all content in DCRs and all XSL to external xsl files just so i won't have to go thru this, I deploy fixes and changes in form of DCRs and XSL files.
Bowker
I was afraid of that.
for 95% of our stuff we do the same (DCRs and External XSL) but in this case this is a real simple HTML component.
Thanks.
anilgkumar
I do have a thought but never implemented.
Whenever we made changes to a component say footer.component, We need to create a version to treat it as a updated one. While doing that if we can trigger a workflow which help us doing the job of
identifying/finding templates, pages which contains the footer.component,
and deploying files to FO on behalf of us.
Regards, Anil