Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
branch move loses dcr association
nico
so I copied an old branch to a new branch and suddenly my dcr's lost their associations with the generated asp pages. Ideas on how I can fix this? I am also unable to save dcrs to the path, is there a subbranch depth limit that templating will work in?
the branch was default/member
new branch is default/www/member
I essentially copied the chunk for the old branch and pasted a new section for the new branch and gave it a new category name. Then used the <branch vpath-regex="/main/www/member" /> cause it's a deeper subbranch.
on windows 2k iw552
Thanks,
Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Im pretty sure if you copy files from windows explorer, EAs (dcr associations) will not be copied over.
Outside of the Teamsite interface, use iw-home/bin/iwcp.exe (5.5.2 only).
However it's much easier to use the TeamSite GUI, especially if you are just copying to another branch.
Use the File / Copy To Area option.
Im assuming you are using windows as you talking about copying & pasting
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
nico
Thanks so much the copy to area idea worked great!
Nico
Ninerfan
I have a similar question.
I'm using TST5.5.2 on Solaris 2.8. I have 4 TS servers in my environment. I often need to move large amounts of DCRS from one UNIX server to another. I then have to run iwextattr -s to set all the attributes back.
This is a pain, Is there a better way?
Thanks.
nipper
(Go Bears)
There is a set of scripts in the articles area that will read the EAs to a file and the set from the file, new EAs on the other system.
Not seamless since you will have to specify the branch/WA in the file but sed is a beautiful thing.
Finally it does not work for more complex EAs (some of the ones placed by MetaTagger fail due to special characters in teh EA), but for templates it works fine.
Andy
gzevin
one word: iwupdate
Greg Zevin
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
> one word: iwupdate
I have never tried but I don't think iwupdate will go across servers, which was the original Q
Andy
Adam Stoller
The original question (in this thread anyway) was cross branches - not cross TeamSite Servers. iwupdate should work fine across branches.
Extracting EA's, copying, applying EA's will work across backing stores on the same TeamSite server.
The same approach either directly, or through the use of OpenDeploy, will work across physically separate TeamSite servers. (A future release of OpenDeploy will hopefully have the ability to extract and assigne EAs built-into it - making this simpler - and applicable for the previous case too)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)