Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visibility of HIDDEN items using FormAPI
sunil_j
Hi,
I have a hidden item inside my DCT. I wish to turn on the visibility of this item when my DCR is opened next time using FormApi. Is there any way to acheive this.
eg.
In my DCT I have something like
<item name="New_Name">
<label>New Name</label>
<hidden/>
</item>
Now when my DCT is getting loaded I wish to make this item visible using something like this
IWDatacapture.getItem("/New_Name").setVisible(true);
If thats not possible is there some way to make a textbox inside a replicant invisble everytime I click on the + symbol, and make it visible when I next open my DCR using Edit and now this textbox has some value.
Regards
Sunil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
If you want to control a field with formapi you shouldnt use the <hidden> tag.
Make it a text field and use formapi to set the visibility.
I remember from reading the FormAPI doco's that the hidden tag is not needed anymore as FormAPI gives you better control
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
sunil_j
Hi,
Is it possible to set the visibility of an item say a textbox inside a replicant on clicking on the + symbol for the replicant.
To be more clear I want to make a textbox invisible as soon as the + symbol for a replicant is clicked.
Regards
Sunil