Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Special Characters in LSCS Response
Shivangi Malot
Hi,
The LSCS 7.2.1 is hosted on IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1.5
While hitting a metadata query to LSCS, the response metadata have unwanted characters, whitespace, which is leading to incorrect data being displayed. Attached is the XML response from LSCS having special characters in it
Neither the DCR metadata nor the LSCS generated idx file have special characters in it.
Please suggest, how can this be fixed or if we need to set some encoding at LSCS runtime.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
I once analyzed this whole issue and tracked down to where the problem lies.
It boils down to the iwov Java code that mimics an IDOL Fetcher, in that it's the thing that generates the .idx files prior to deployment and ingestion into IDOL. To confirm that you have the same problem, simply check your .idx files in the temp folder of LiveSiteCSAuth and I expect you'll find that those files have the same borked characters. Thus, it's not the deployment or the ingestion, but the process that digests EAs and other metadata into .idx. I looked for a fix for a while but found that this piece of code is buried so deep in iwov's code that patching it would basically invalidate all forms of support. At best, you'd have to write your own LSCS deployment service adapter to write the whole payload yourself, and I'll bet that's fairly unsupported as well. We asked Autonomy, and the response was "upgrade because it's fixed in a later version".
That said, we were on 7.2.0 and we confirmed that the issue is resolved in 7.3.1, which was our target upgrade version. I don't recall where we stood on 7.2.1 with respect to this issue.
TL;DR: Broken in 7.2.0, Fixed in 7.3.1, not sure about 7.2.1. You can't fix this yourself and Autonomy's not giving you a patch.
Shivangi Malot
Thanks Rick.
I am attaching the IDX file from LSCSAuth tmp folder, this doesnt seem to have junk characters.
I was wondering, if this is the case than it must be with other implementations of LSCS at 7.2.1.
Rick Poulin
Well, your issue is different from the one I experienced for sure. Sorry, I should have looked at your output first, but this doesn't look like a character encoding thing.
Still, the idx doesn't contain the same weird characters but it doesn't look right either. Note that your idx has
[PHP]
#DREFIELD LSCS_STR_TeamSite__HSALS__Metadata__HSALS__business-gender__HSALS__DEFAULT="y
"
[/PHP]
which somehow ends up as
[PHP]
<field name="TeamSite/Metadata/business-gender/DEFAULT">T $O y acie Smith 3 1</field>
[/PHP]
Curiously, there's no "Smith" anything in your .idx, so I'm inclined to believe your files don't match each other, which certainly makes this harder to debug..
In any case, is the metadata garbled in TeamSite? Does it come out right via the iwextattr command line? If it does, you might also try setting up a quick sample Java class to make sure they come out right in Java too. Depending on what you come up with, you might have to throw this one back to support.