Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SSI on win2k IBM HTTPD
Johnny
Hi Guys,
TS 5.5.2, W2k, IBM HTTPD (apache) 1.3.19
I cant get SSI's working with TeamSite and IBM HTTPD.
The admin manual only describes IIS, iPlanet, NES for win2k
and I havent been able to find anything describing what needs to be done.
Now does this mean its not supported?? Because the client here have SSI running on another machine (their production 5.01 TS). II just cant figure out how it does this.
mod_iw_ts_rewrite.dll exists in the TeamSite directory and I tried to use it in a similar way that you would on Solaris, but I havent got anywhere and I cant figure out how the existing machine is doing SSI as it doesnt even use it!
Is there any mention of it somewhere???... There has to be!!!
Thanks Guys
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bman1
John, you can always forget about trying to use the included Interwoven re-write modules and use Apache's mod_rewrite module instead. I find that the Apache module is more flexible and more reliable than Interwoven's. Look in the <iw-home>/etc/httpd directory for a file called "iw_ts_rewrite_via_mod_rewrite.conf". The comments in this file are pretty good and you can easily customize it for your needs.
Good Luck.
-Brett
Johnny
Thanks for the tip Brett!
I'll have a fiddle and see how I go.
Will post back with my results.
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Johnny
Thanks Brett, after a little rework for the workarea docroot I got it working!
I would have thought a plug in would integrate nicer with the docroot entries in iw.cfg. (Like it does on solaris).
I guess this means on windows, I need to maintain it in two places?....
Does mod_iw_ts_rewrite.dll work at all?...
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Migrateduser
Yes, it does work. It is just sensitive to the version of apache you use it with, and whether that version was compiled with mod_ssl support. While it is a pain to duplicate rewrite configurations, it does free you to run whatever version of apache you want, so long as you have mod_rewrite enabled.
Also, I'm curious about the reason you need to have _docroot set.
Johnny
Well I configured it for SSI's to work.
Our webpages run out of
/default..../WORKAREA/area/htdocs
it makes it easier to maintain. We also have webapps running in another directory,
so its important to seperate them all.
but normal operation would redirect a request
/default..../WORKAREA/area
(/include/file.inc ---> /default..../WORKAREA/area/include/file.inc when it should be
/default..../WORKAREA/area/htdocs/include/file.inc)
problem is that we are progressively moving to this structure.
So some branches still run out /area rather than /area/htdocs
hopefully i can work something out for this
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Migrateduser
Duplicate the lines:
RewriteCond %{ENV:iwarea} !=none
RewriteRule !^/iw-mount/.*/(((WORKAREA|EDITION)/[^/]+)|STAGING)/ \
%{ENV:iwarea}%{REQUEST_URI} [PT,S=3]
and modify the first RewriteRule to match only some branches.
You will also need to update the [S=%d] parameters to make room for the additional RewriteRule. Gosh, mod_rewrite is really bizarre. Blame mod_rewrite's author (engelschall.com).
Johnny
Hey thanks for the tips!...
Really appreciate it.
You are so right.... its all gobbildy goop!!..
So cryptic...
Its great to see the perl/english explainations in the existing Teamsite conditions.
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Migrateduser
We aim to please.
header_data.txt
mmb
Johnny re: my other post on mod_rewrite.... how do I reference the /iw/iw-home/etc/httpd/iw_ts_rewrite_via_mod_rewrite.conf file in my Apache instance?
Do I need to configure a directive in the httpd.conf for my customer web server?
thanks again
-mark
Johnny
Yes, but only ever mess with .template files.
httpd.conf (and others including server.xml in servletd) are rewritten everytime you do an iwreset -ui (including make_tookit.ipl) based on the values of the .template file.
Open up httd.conf.template and append the following line
Include __IW_TS_HOME__/etc/httpd/iw_ts_rewrite_via_mod_rewrite.conf
and make your changes to that file for your rewrite rules.
back up the original for good measure
John Cuiuli
mmb
Thanks for your help Johnny!
- mark
DavidMusser
Great Post's on this... Something you said confused me just a little.. you said they get re-written when you run iwreset -ui... are you talking about re-using the webd instance from IWOV or using a seperate apache instance?
From the sound of the thread all the way through I thought it was 2 instances... one on port 80 for ts and 81 for customer etc... same as if it was (well that other web server that starts with IIS ) and using a plugin.. but this time using apache on 81 and using the re-write there.
Anyway I did read the article on
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/051890
that helped some as well... so if you can clear up my confusion I'll be very happy.
-D
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Johnny
Yep you are right... that was a total mistake by me... for some reason i started talking about the interwoven supplied apache.
Give me a break.. it was a few years between posts
John Cuiuli
DavidMusser
Johnny,
No breaks on devnet! You can get red banners across the screen, but no breaks - Kidding :-) My client was only planning on virtualizing html, and since Apache was the standard I said sure, apache on windows... not supported, but Apache is better in general... then they said now what about our server side includes now :-)
Anyway thanks again for the posts... i'll reply again if/when I figure out how to read the re-write stuff...
-D
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com
DavidMusser
Johnny,
I've looked and my brain's not up to the task of deceiphering :-) Do you or does anyone have a sample i could look at to see where to plug in my area's etc.
-D
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Johnny
woo.. sorry I left that place a while ago.
It is a bit cryptic, but there is some good comments inside the supplied rewrite file.
I remember searching the web for help on the syntax, but I haven't looked at it since then.
Maybe someone else here can help.
John Cuiuli
DavidMusser
Appreciate it anyway. I've made some better progress, and there are some sites on the net that have good informaiton... so thanks agian.
-D
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com