I have a list of files, which when deployed should send a email alert to my team. Has anyone tried this using Open Deploy.
If I understand the issue correctly (which is certainly questionable) - there is a list of N files for which they want special notification - and any of these N files (0 to N) may be attached to a workflow and thus may be deployed.The "normal" email notification regarding files attached the job would probably still go out - but they want "special" email notification if any of these N files get deployed.Based on that understanding - the DNR is probably a reasonable solution, though a custom External Task could also be used. In either case, one would have to compare the list of files being processed against the list of N files for which special notification is required and then "do the right thing".If I misunderstood the issue and they want notification for all files that get deployed - then the External Task via the workflow is almost always the better choice.