The eventual work around was to bring up the command prompt as an administrator and run "iwserver " wait until it was up and running, kill it with a ctrl-c, then run the service, which would then run perfectly.
PS C:\> IWHOME\bin\iwserver IWSTORE
And now they have closed the case as the engineers still have no solution in sight and as they expect it to take quite a bit longer they see no point in having a ticket open.
.....so you're saying that TS 7.4.1 effectively does not, in fact, support Windows 2012?
I had a bunch of issues trying to get it installed and running on W2K12 earlier this year - so yeah, I'd say that if you have the choice between W2K8 and W2K12 you'll be better served by chosing the former over the latter (which is what we ended up doing on that project after losing about a week of productivity)
In my view it does not support Windows 2012. I was called by support later that evening, the fix should be implemented in the next version release, timing of which is not yet certain.
They also confirmed the issue exists in 2012 R2 as well.
I've had our 7.4.1.1 install running on Windows Server 2012 R2 for four months in production without issues. None of the issues described in this post have been a problem for me.
Interesting. Did you mean 7.4.1 or 7.4.1.1 (just wanted to make sure).
7.4.1 Update #1. I only run TeamSite and OD admin on this server. No LiveSite. My development install also works just fine too.
I had to delay the start-up of the TeamSite service, but my other tweaks are just application specific.
Thanks, I'll apply the update and see if it has any effect on hte issues we're having with 2012. If not I might see if I can have a 2012 R2 box run up to try.
What does the delay in iwserver do for you?
Delaying the service seems to fix problems with IFS share coming up consistently.
I've just been notified that a patch is being released for this. There will be patches for 7.4.1 (7.4.3 will contain the fix - if you need ie9 contact support, ref TS-25403), 7.5 (requires 7.5.0.1, ref TS-25404) and 8 (8.0.1 will contain the fix, ref TS-25405 ).