workflows [...] are stalling at external tasks
These are all OS users.Though, if it were a perl problem, NO workflows with external tasks would work... and 90% do, just the ones with a lot of files are not working.
It is hard to make any non-trivial suggestion with so limited data.That said, it *sounds* like some non caught run-time exception where code dies before it can execute the transition.To check that you may want to encapsulate your "main" routine into eval command and log out $@ variable.On its own this won't make your code work but at least you will see the problem if there is one.(Personally, I would recommend to do it always, transitioning to some "Error Processing Task" to cover all"Gee, I did not even think about that..." situations)
[...]The External task (CMD.EXE /c $IW_HOME//bin/DCRautoAttach.ipl) does not appear to be being called, as this .ipl file contains a print to log in the first few lines of the script, and it does not log.
The External task (CMD.EXE /c $IW_HOME//bin/DCRautoAttach.ipl) does not appear to be being called, as this .ipl file contains a print to log in the first few lines of the script, and it does not log.
Thanks for sticking with me guys, I had a vacation last week, so I'm back at it this morning.This is not an OOTB script, its a custom. It is, however, in the regular bin directory, as thats where admins before me have always done it.I'll test removing the CMD part of the call.The problem is, I've been unable to recreate the issue myself, but I'm going to keep trying.My question for you guys, is there any other logging I can be checking when a user informs me their workflow is stalled?
Hi,Were you able to solve this issue??I seem to be in same trouble. I have created a custom WF from PLC and added an external task which calls a perl script.$IW_HOME/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $IW_HOME/custom/wf/myExtCall.ipl The script does not log anything and seems that it doesn't get executed.(Even I placed a syntax error in perl script)The WF pass the task and transit to the next task with success. The WF does not halt neither shows any error.false- lock attribute, no permission issue.Thanks in advance.
You can try to look through the various logs in IWHOME/local/logs/iwui and ApplicationContainer/server/default/log/server.log to see if anything is getting noted there - but you're generally best off if you add your own logging functionality to the code so that you have control over it.