Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
GRC question
KTR
I understand that GRC utilizes its own database. Does it make sense to move it to SQL server 2000 (is that even possible)? There may be benefits in doing so, which include tying it more directly to the portal in the form of a gadget (or can the data be exposed via Content Services?).
Any assistance, tips etc. would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Looking at your responses, I dont think many people know much
Im pretty sure the GRC uses the JAVA hypersonic database... I could be wrong though.
I wouldnt like your chances of ripping it out and replacing it.
You may be able to access the hypersonic database by normal means though giving you similar access as SQL server.
Im pretty sure its a black box though, and wouldnt really be supported if tables were changed etc.
Its all off the top of my head though, IWOV may be answer more definately.
John Cuiuli
KTR
Thanks for your time and ideas on this topic. I am also waiting for Interwoven responce.
Thanks
Johnny
I read in another post that it actually uses Sybase...
dont know where i got hypersonic from... im sure its somewhere though!
John Cuiuli
JonathonG
If memory servers correctly, hypersonic is the default DB for OD 5.5 (and later) scheduling and reporting....
Of course, my memory isn't always the best, so I wouldn't consider this an authoritative answer
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
default_config.xml
Problem connecting pp.doc
Migrateduser
I am not a GRC expert, but from what I recall, you cannot change the database that GRC uses. I believe it uses Sybase.
Regards,
lissa
Johnny
Thats where I saw it!!
So many different technologies all rolled up into one... it gets a little confusing sometimes
John Cuiuli