Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
max job number
ProfessorX
what is the max job number that a workflow will go up to?
What happens when it reaches that number?
The Professor-
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
> what is the max job number that a workflow will go up to?
I think that it is (31^2)-1, or about 2 billion. Task ids are also drawn from this same pool of numbers, by the way.
> What happens when it reaches that number?
If I had to guess, I'd say that they would start over again at 1, but I'm not sure.
-- James
Tangential aside: The only Atari 2600 game I can recall "flipping" is Video Pinball... I think one of my sibs may have flipped Pac-Man...?
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Can you explain why ID is implemented as a long in OpenAPI if the max value can be contained in an int?
james1
> Can you explain why ID is implemented as a long in OpenAPI if
> the max value can be contained in an int?
Sorry, but no. There are a lot of things about OpenAPI that I, personally, cannot explain.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
OpenAPI chose to use long instead of int in case implementation details changed to allow for ids that are 64 bit long.
Best Regards,
Narendra