Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Different no of chars for multiple VisualFormats
System
I have a Teamsite template (datacapture.cfg) with multiple textareas all using VisualFormat. I need to be able to restrict the max number of characters for each individual instance of VisualFormat. I know it can be done by using the <myEWebEditProObject>.maxContentSize = 2000; javascript, but how can I get that into a datacapture.cfg file?
I have looked through the DTD for the visualformatconfig.xml (config.dtd) but cannot find any other way of specifying the max content size, so it looks as though I can't just use an individual config.xml file for each VisualFormat.
Any ideas anybody?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MattP
This is a good feature request. The text area doesn't have a maxlength attribute like the text element.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
Michael
You can however restrict the number of characters in a textarea using either regex or formAPI.
hth
Cheers
Michael
Adam Stoller
This is a good feature request - but really for the W3C not so much for Interwoven (though I suppose they could try to build in their own functionality for specifying the max-length of the content of a text area (which has been pointed out can be done via a validation-regex).
Given that you have to decide whether or not to count newlines (and/or carraige-return-newlines) and whether or not to do some sort of pre-processing to distinguish actual content from formatting [html] code within the textarea - would you prefer to have them concentrate on this or all the other things that folks want improved in the product?
Personally, I consider this more of a W3C issue and would rather have Interwoven work on other things ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
MattP
Good point.
I wouldn't try to build it for a formatted area. New lines and returns can go either way as long as it is documented.
There is probably value in a third part that builds add-ons of common functionality (such as this), although that is what part of Devnet is supposed to be.
Yes, Interwoven has bigger fish to fry <grin>.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA