One thing what i might think is the installer file have been corrupted while downloading.I would clean up my Install folder and try downloading the installer again try from first.HTHThanks
Thanks lilleywhite. When I tried to install it on WinXP machine I got an "host OS not supported" error, so the installer is OK. I then switched to a win2k3 server.Will the installer throw an error if the specs/service packs on the machine are not up to date on the win2k3 server im now trying it on?
There is a hack in the registry you can do to make it so that you can install TeamSite on WinXP. Another question is why are people still using WinXP, but that might be another thread. Did you see anything in the installer.log file? Are there any service packs on your Windows 2003 server? I think your Windows 2003 should be at least SP1.
Thanks mart2001. Do you have a link to a post, or can post the information directly, where i can see what registry change is needed to install on winxp? I've tried to install on 2 x win2k3 servers with the same error. The only time I got to the product selection window was on my workstation running xp but it told me the OS was not supported. Very frustrating.