Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IDE (Tool / Application) for creating data capture files
_Rob_
Hi There,
Does anyone have any preferred tools / applications for creating data capture forms?
I got a hold of datacapture6.0.dtd, and am trying various tools that would allow for validation / code completion. So far I have tried getting Visual Studio 2012 to work with the dcd to no avail. And it seems it has issues with creating an xsd from the dtd.
I'm curious if any developers here could suggest their tools of choice, thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
There used to be a plugin for Dreamweaver. but it is more trouble than it is worth. DCTs are pretty easy to write and do not change that often. The majority of the time will be spent in FormAPI or XSL, which an IDE doesn't help.
Finally many people use includes (inline callouts) to drop objects, which an IDE wouldn't do either.
Adam Stoller
Personally - I use Emacs - for almost everything ;-)