TeamSite 7.3.2
Hi Guys
Tinymce Paste, Paste text and Paste word does not work with IE 11, Even HTML editor would come up blank but using solution at this link I was able to fix that http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtracker_view.php?id=6307. Is there any workaround for that. Would it be worthwhile to copy later version of \tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\plugins\paste content into our version?
Thanks
TS 7.3.2 does not support IE11, so that's a bad idea from the start.
That said, you'd have to use the dev console to troubleshoot JS exceptions. It's going to be hard and tedious.
Copying the lastest (or any) paste plugin you find on the tinymce site is not going to work, because the API is too different. They only go back to v3.3 and teamsite is running v3.1.2.
Ignore the site. You can get all versions of TinyMCE (plugins included) directly from their GitHub repo - https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/releases. Find the release where your issue is fixed, download the zip and copy relevant plugins.
The API should not be an issue if TinyMCE uses semver correctly and it's always worh a shot. Whatever you do don't overwrite tinymce.js as it's customized for TeamSite. Plugins should work fine.
Lack of support for IE11 shouldn't be too problematic as it's fairly modern and stable compared to previous IE versions. FireFox is supported up to v18 (if I remember correctly) but recent releases work fine (at least for 7.4.1).
EDIT
Here's the version vicinity in the repo: https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/releases?after=3.2.1.1. There's no official 3.1.2 as it was never tagged (nevertheless TS devs took it as it was the most recent one). It's still on one commit in the repo but you should take plugins from releases that are (probably) stable.
Thank you Zamber, I replaced paste plugin from 3.5.4.1 version and pasteword and paste button works now. Paste text button doe snot work, I need to find earlier versionf or that.
Thank You Zamber, You are awesome, Paste buttons work now after copyin paste plugin from 3.2.1 version. I noticed that Find button is also not working, cannot find a plugin for that though
Also in pastetext.js move line resizeInputs(); in function onLoadInit to top and close unclosed if statement, otherwise bottom buttons (insert etc.) will not show up until you resize the window
if (tinymce.isGecko) document.body.spellcheck = tinyMCEPopup.getParam("gecko_spellcheck");
If you have the DCT search function in mind then it's already reported to Autonomy. Our client wanted to search for particular words in DCRs and found out that it does not go inside TinyMCE instances.
If you're reffering to the searchreplace plugin, then it should also be in the repo. It wasn't altered by Autonomy and AFAIK it should work (tested it an undefined - pun intended - time ago, so my memory can be hazy here).
Glad I could help .
Yes I realized Find button is searchreplace plugin, anyway I copied the plugin from different version going up to 3.5.10 but it is behaving the same way, it refreshes the search pop-up window and removes the text and nothing happens, I guess we will have to live with it until we upgrade to TS 7.5
Didn't test that. Will take a look at it next monday on my local TinyMCE testing setup to se if it's reproducable. I'm working on TinyMCE from 7.5. I'll let you know what I find out.
Thank you
I've taken a look at this. There are two plugins provided by default iwsearchreplace and searchreplace. Despite the simillar naming both are quite different.
The iw one does not provide any GUI or controls so we can only dedyce that it was an attempt to add search/replace support to TiyMCE from the DCT GUI.
Searchreplace on the other hand works quite well on my testing setup under FireFox. On IE11 it's failing. This is because TinyMCE 3.x does not detect that it's actually IE and it tries using window.find (which is only on FireFox AFAIK). When I fixed the IE detection in the plugin then it couldn't find the findText function that should be on a TinyMCE selection object (this is probably again FF specific or TinyMCE disregards selections as it does for earlier IE versions.
IMHO there's no value in fixing this with 7.5 just around the corner so IMO you should wait. Also advise your clients to use FireFox with 7.4 or IE10=<.
Yes I agree, it's a minor issue, When trying to add searchreplace to toolbar, that does not show up on the toolbar but adding just "search" shows the "Find" button on toolbar. I think searchreplace plugin itself has JS code issues.
Skumar, plugins define their own buttons that are not always 1-1 with naming. In case of the searchreplace plugin you only get the search button.You can always check what buttons are defined for what plugins by looing into pluginName/editor_plugin_src.js and searching for addButton.
Thanks Zomber, I checked addbutton section and it points to "Search" Button
Seems like it is not recognizing the brwser as IE, below statement does not work at line 122 and always goes to Else option (Not sure if that is the only issue). As I said before this is minor issue compared to HTML view and Paste buttons.
if (tinymce.isIE) {