Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite content folder issue
abhijitdd
Hello. In teamsite application we have a folder. When I click on this folder in web based UI, the contents of this folder are not getting listed. Also when I click on import to import files into this folder I see white blank webpage on the screen and status bar displays "done". Then I have to click on "Back" button to come back to the application. I have checked some general log files including access.log but that has not provided any help. Kindly help me. Which log files should I check? What could be the cause? Per my knowledge this was working fine till April. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhargav Coca
You need to put in version Info here, what changed after April?
Is it happening to Just one folder or all the folders? In a a particular branch or any branch.
Did you try any example files, what does u'r logfile say?
We need that Info to say what it might be
Migrateduser
Hi Abhijit,
Is this a folder or a branch/WORKAREA? Either ways, is the issue prevalent for any other user? And does it happen on all browsers?
Do take a look at the corresponding STAGING area just to see if the submitted files are present there from the said workareas?
abhijitdd
Hello
Version info - Interwoven TeamSite 6.7.2 Service Pack 2
In addition to above I have found out when this issue occurs -
The folder is under a workarea which is under a branch.
It has some pdf files in it. I am using web bases application. I logged into the application and clicked on a folder to see its contents. The content files listed properly. Now I clicked on "Name" column heading to sort the files alphabetically. I clicked twice and after that files were gone. No files were listed and also when I clicked on import I got a blank page. Please help.
abhijitdd
Also files are not listed in UI but ther are present on the application server at that location. Instaging also files are present. In fact in staging I can see the files listed in the UI correctly. As a workaround what I did is , I created a new folder with exact same permissions and contents and then replaced old folder with this new one. Now I can see the files properly. But if again somebody tried to sort the files this issue might reappear. Replacing the folder again and again is not a solution. :-( Also this is not happening on our stage application. It is ony happening on Prod.
Adam Stoller
What does "I am using web bases application" mean?
Is that a custom interface that you're using to access the TeamSite content store?
Or is the issue happening within ContentCenter? If the latter:
abhijitdd
Hello, I am using content center professional. I am using Internet Explorer.
mart2001
Does it happen only in IE? What if you try Firefox? Also, what version of Java are you running? Make sure that your are using a compatible Java version. Also, look at the iwtrace.log and servletd_out.log for any useful information.
abhijitdd
Hello,
I cant check it on firefox. IE is default browser in the company. We have been using this application since more than a year but we never faced anything like this. So I doubt it has something to do with Java. Also I am at vendor location and actual application users are at their location and we both are facing this issue.
Regards,
Abhijit
abhijitdd
I am using
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Abhijit
Bhargav Coca
This kind of scenario will also occur when some one migrated the content from old server to a new one and had not done it right.
Since you said ur's is a Windows Env, If you are in Dev env as well, I would create a Test branch with the right permissions and good group sharing that branch and workarea under it. Here in this new branch, i would copy the folder with the issue along with all the pdf files and then try to sort it by name, at this point you will see that the problem will not occur.
You are Better off opening a Support ticket and see what they say. At this point I will not blame Java or the client machine for this abnormality.
HTH
Copie de EscargotV3.rptdesign
Export_MBU.xls