Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
question about upgrading to Virage
jrMugz
Greetings,
Our client is on MediaBin 4.6.2 and looking to upgrade to the newest version, Virage 8, I believe.
We have lots of custom code including some Rapid-soft items. Just let us know how easy it would be to make the transition as far as getting adding our current code that is in some of the ASP pages.
Also, would there be an advantage, as far as using custom code, by choosing to go with the old interface instead of the new interface, as I understand that option is available?
We are looking to provide a quote to our client as soon as possible, so the sooner a reply to this, the better. Thanks!
Jim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Changing the ASP code was not a supported customization path. The interface in MB/V 7.x was completely rewritten, first in Silverlight, and now (I believe) in HTML5. I wasn't aware there was an option of using an old interface anymore. Either way, you're probably in for a world of pain.
topwhitebackground.PNG
jrMugz
OK, thanks for the feedback, Rick.
Jim
Migrateduser_427
The latest Web Client (I believe they are calling RMM) is Java based, so, you will definitely have to re-write for it.
Also, they are not supporting the legacy web client (as they are calling it now), RIA (however this is included as Web Services which is necessary for the new RMM client) and Mac Client. I have been able to get the Mac client to work since it is similar to the ECM connector, but this is a moot point since as soon as there is something not working, don't expect any help from support.
They are only officially supporting the new web client and ECM(TeamSite) connector. I have even has a hard time locking down if they will even be supporting the Windows Client.
With the new client, it might be possible to handle the custom code (without knowing what it is doing) in the client through the LiquidOffice plug-in rather than re-building it. It seems to be very powerful, you just have to know what to look for.
Since I have 8.0.1.1 installed, post the use case and I will see if there is a possible viable replacement in the new version.