I need to move a nested branch in TeamSite 7.3. It's currently inside another branch and I would like to move it out from within that branch so it's up a level. iwmigrate let's me migrate branches to new stores, but it doesn't seem to provide me with a way to specify the target branch path. Am I missing something? Is there a separate command for moving branches? I'm running TeamSite 7.3 on Linux.
Alternatively create an edition in original branch. Then create a new branch where you want based on this edition.
That will not work. Firstly, you can "base" only WA and not Branch on the Edition.Secondly, jlove wants to move the Branch "Up" - ie, make it a peer to current "Parent" Branch.Edition-based WA Creation works only within the Branch this WA belongs to.
So Boris, won't a new sub-branch and a workarea be created first (under the current branch) and then "Edit --> Copy to" action be performed to move content and files to newly created sub-branch's workarea?Please correct me if I am missing any step.Regards,Ace
Hi Ace. Note that my "this will not work..." reply was for Kailash "create new branch...based on this edition" proposal.Your post before that is a perfectly good one. If I were you, I would've also noted that the method does not cover transition of the sub-Branch history, Editions and whatnot. If needed, it is of course possible (with some coding contortions) to re-createhistory as well. It will be exactly that though - re-creation, not just some non-existing "Branch Move".