Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Templating Query.
SonaliKulkarni
Hello,
I have a templating related query.
My frontend code is in a different branch and I want to map the templating files from my current branch to this frontend code.
We are trying to use proxy remaps for this.
Apart from the iwproxy remap settings in iw.cfg file is there any other way to do this.
Also are only these iwproxy settings enough or I would require to do some other configuration as well.
Thanks,
Sonali.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PreetpalSingh
Can you explain what do you mean by "templating files"? Do you mean a tpl?
Also, when you say backend, do you mean IW-HOME?
And what is in a different branch? Do you mean datacapture.cfg is in 1 branch and DCRs in another?
SonaliKulkarni
Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
By a different branch,I mean within the same backing store,my frontend code(css,img.etc in general the UI code) lies in one branch while my datacapture.cfg ,DCRs and tpl etc lie in another branch within the same backing store.
Now I want to associate my tpls with this frontend code/UI code.
nipper
Your questions are far from clear.
I suspect a mix of inline callouts and FormAPI/call server code will end up being used, but you may want to provide more specifics first.
mart2001
If you are on a unix system, you could use symbolic links. Suppose you have all your front end code in a vpath such as /default/main/client/WORKAREA/common/global/css, images, js....
and your work is in another vpath such as /default/main/br1/WORKAREA/wa1
You can create a link to your common assets in the other branch by having a link in wa1 to the common workarea in the other branch.
KishanS
Not sure if this suffice your requirement -
You can use browser instance in your template. Specify ceiling-dir to that instance which will enable you to select a file / code from another branch / workarea. Only disadvantage is that this will require end users to manually select the file/ code each time while filling new form entry.