You also can't have more than one task marked as the starting task
I have one other issue with invoking our workflow through CSSDK api. May be this is an issue with my understanding of the workflow tasks and how they are invoked through teamsite UI. As I said earlier in the thread I am invoking the workflow through CSSDK api by passing in a Job Spec XML file. The grouptask works fine - in that it allows users in sharedby element to "Take" ownership of the workflow and go forward with other tasks. What I am seeing is that in one of our tasks (cgitask - for metadata capture) the form is shown as "Read Only" in the UI. I have tried to set the readonly="f" on the cgitask but that doesnt solve the issue. Here is the workflow job spec xml for that cgitask. If someone has any ideas please let me know ?[html][/html]
You also can't have more than one task marked as the starting taskWhy not? I think you can.
In this case, Smitty is correct
Chances are, your CGI Task Owner does not have writing credentials for the File with MD you are trying to set.
That is exactly the issue. The CGI Task owner - the user in the grouptask - (sharedBy) who took ownership does not have write credentials on the metadata capture form cgitask. I am not sure how I can solve this issue. It looks like I need to know at run time - the user who took ownership of the grouptask and then set that user as the owner on the CGITASK. Is this even possible ? Thanks for the replies...
In this case, Smitty is correct, you can have multiple start tasks - but it does tend to make things a bit complex.The rest of the issue seems to have been resolved ...
Sorry, I'm starting to forget the WTF world In WFM though, I distinctly recall trying every conceivable way to make this happen (e.g. Start (> AND|OR Gate)? >> [multiple tasks]) and the model would validate but **** itself at instantiation. Granted this was a while ago and I haven't tried again since, instead using a starting external task that does nothing but immediately transition to its parallel successors. Was this just a bug with the early versions of WFM?(I do plan to answer my own question with a test when I get around to it, unless someone can confirm first)
It's "WFT" not "WTF" (the latter being the general reaction to most implementation issues ;-)
I've successfully used conditional links for start tasks in WFM (conditional links placed between the "Start" element and the tasks I want to be considered for being the first activated tasks).
I've not had to deal with concurrent start tasks, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work since the underlying workflow engine system (the one that is used by both WFT and WFM after instantiation form processing) supports it.