Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get deployment event/notice on OD base
EdwardXu
Several other applications use OpenDeploy to transfer files. I would like to write some java code to get deployment event/notice on OD base (server side) after files are transferred. So I can do something after files are transferred. I don’t want other applications to call my java code explicitly.
OD is 7.3
I guess I can use JMS or something else.
Anybody can give some hints or sample code?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
OpenDeploy doesn't use JMS -- they use SNMP and event reporting (writing to a DB). Maybe what you want to do is already accomplised by the event reporting DB and you really just need to build a UI to do something with that data. Or you could build something that monitors that DB for changes.
However, if you know the deployments ahead of time, it would be simpler to add a DnR or an odAdapter into the deployments you want to track.
RE: "I don’t want other applications to call my java code explicitly", that's not really a feasible requirement. You might want to clarify what you mean by that, but generally speaking, if you build a Java class, I can find a way to call it directly no matter where it is.
EdwardXu
Thanks for Reply.
I find OpenDeploy includes lots of JMS packages and configurations, such as OpenJMS and ActiveMQ. If OpenDeploy does not use JMS, why does it include lots of JMS packages and configurations?
For example:
File eventReportingConfig.xml includes JMS configuration.
File daemon.cfg includes JMS configuration.
My java code can connect to Teamsite JMS and catch all events about DCRs.
Of course I can insert some code into other applications to call my java code explicitly. But I just don't want other applications to be changed. Other applications don't have to know the existence of my java code.
Thanks.
Rick Poulin
OD uses JMS under the hood, yes, but AFAIK it does not expose the publisher in a way that is meant to be consumed by anything custom -- or at least, it hasn't been documented. I suppose you might be able to figure out how it works and then attach your process to it, but that would be unsupported and may break in a future upgrade. You'd be better off sticking to the documented approaches I mentioned above if you can, or open a support case and ask exactly what is supported as far as hooking up to their JMS implementation.