Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Restricting users to Import files on Workarea Root
sunil_j
Hi All,
I have a workarea called *workusers* which has folders or directories undernith it say IT, HR, Marketing etc. All users have access to the workarea, but users of specific department say HR can only work on the HR folder under the workarea root. So I have created a submit.cfg file which can provide this restriction and is working as expected.
All that I want to know is how to restrict users from creating or importing on the root of the workarea. i.e I do not want the users to start creating or importing files above the main departmental folders (i.e under the workarea) ?
Can someone let me know if I can write something in submit.cfg which can prevent users from importing files on the root workarea ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sunil_j
Can I have some help on this ??
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Adam Stoller
Off the top of my head - workflow. If you only allow you users (possibly with the exception of Master) to submit via workflows - then prior to hitting a submittask you can verify whether any of the files are in the root of the area and error out (gracefully) if that situation arises.
The project that I'm currently working on has done just that - but at a somewhat different level - they require that all DCRs be saved in sub-directories of the data/ directory (and thus the programmatically generated files from the DCRs get saved in sub-directories of the root directory) - for all but one branch (as per their design).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sunil_j
Hi,
All that I am interested in .. is when a user tries to import a file from the File ->Import Files.. on the root of the workarea, it should not all a successful import and give an error message conveying that the user is not allowed to do such an operation.
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Adam Stoller
The only way I can see you do that would be to have an iwat trigger setup on CreateFSE events - but that still would not prevent them from doing it - only [possibly] provide some form of feedback and cleanup after the fact.
I do not believe there is any [supported] way to customize the behavior of File > Import Files ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Not sure if its loo late to reply...
If your server is on Windows, you can set the folder level permissions. Create the user groups with permissions only to their departmental folders. e.g. mydomain\HR_users will have write permission to HR folder and readonly permission to all the other folders including your workarea folder.
HTH
-Ashish