Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to set the modification attribute
waldemar
I understand that with IWATTRIB MODIFIED I can find out if a file was modified (and therefor submitted).
However I have reasons to not trust the mechanism that sets this attribute.
Is there a command - just like IWATTRIB - that allows to SET the MODIFIED attribute??
waldemar
argo-tec
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
On Unix - you could use the command: touch - which will modify the file and then require it being re-submitted...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
waldemar
Interesting approach; anything equivalent for Windows 2k? (without destroying the files :-))) )
waldemar
argo-tec
Migrateduser
Maybe attrib? I think you can get touch for Windows, maybe with the resource kit.
james1
I believe that in Visual C++, you can call _utime() to set the modification time of a file. I would imagine that the TeamSite file system would understand what to do with that system call. So, if you have access to Visual Studio, you could write a very simple (one-line?) C/C++ program that does the same as "touch".
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Johnny
you could use the cygwin tools which is a unix/posix emulation layer for windows.
You could also just download the gnu tools which is a set of .exe files.
touch.exe is one of them
John Cuiuli