This is perl, the OOTB dependency manager is *supposed* to add static assets that are referenced in a DCR to the workflow, but it doesn't. Support says it is a doc bug. So I am trying to do this quickly and easily. The Perl is easy, but now I have found that an external task cannot be added to the PLC workflow. The CGI task transition gets hosed if there is a external task in the middle.
Stuck it into first CGI, right before a transition to the "back-to-back" second one.If I were you I would simply use qx(yourScript params), in the "feigned" external Task fashion.(Just make sure it does not attempt any transition on its own)
Not certain if I can. The PLC workflow starts off with attach dependencies, which has to run before my CGI ( to cover PAGE including DCR including images). That attach dependencies is a JAVA program.
Okay - so write a Perl CGI, embed it in between the other CGI Tasks, and make sure it transitions correctly to the CGI Task that follows it.Shouldn't be too hard for a fellow of your experience ....
Yea that is the plan. I hoped to use an external task and quoted 8 hours. Flew over that estimate pretty quick. :-)
****Pain in the a$$I put my CGI between Attach Dependencies and Check Migration Status, Added a success link from my CGI to Migration. My CGI gets kicked off and completes with $cgi->iwcallback("Success", "images attached");I verified that the transition is called Success. I use the same users ($IW_USER) for all 3. Immediate flag is true. I also added the ImmediateTransition=true set in the Task Variable (on all 3 CGIs).Still when I run it, Attach Dependencies runs, Attach Images runs and the Active CGI is Check Migration but you need to do the Start Input Task.
Hi Nipper,Even when you click on Start Input task, Does this deploy new content to respective target with updations.Thanks
****Pain in the a$$I put my CGI between Attach Dependencies and Check Migration Status, Added a success link from my CGI to Migration.
Did you use a Success Link - or a Default Link named "Success" ?It has to be the latter - CGI Tasks do not understand Success / Failure Links.
Default called successNo go. I assume that $cgi->iwcallback does something different than the Java does. Trying to reverse engineer. No luck.
Nipper,Use of timeout link with 0 seconds and move it to next task.Thanks