Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy INSERT
sbzoom
I was wondering if it is possible for DataDeploy to do an <insert> instead of only <update>. I am trying to move data from a DD generated table of a TS Template to a secondary table in a production environment.
How do I do a compare so that it deploys my new rows and inserts them into new rows in the second table? So far, all I can do is update rows that already exist.
Any help is much appreciated.
Whoah TeamSite!
<Charlie/>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Looks like you are trying to use database-database deployment which is not supported. DD does not have the ability to compare two tables
sbzoom
Really? Then why is there a "db-to-db" example in the Admin guide. This is insane. I have DD 5.6 and I cannot compare tables? I was basically counting on that feature to work.
Bummer.
Whoah TeamSite!
<Charlie/>
Adam Stoller
I seem to recall that it was decided not to try and support db-to-db deployments as a 3rd party tool and defer to the DB suppliers to provide for that kind of functionality since they know the internals of their DB's better than we do.
I don't *know* if we *officially* dropped support for this, but I've filed the errata question for our documentators to check on it and make the appropriate changes (if any)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Database-to-database deployments are allowed, but they work only in a limited fashion as described on p. 161 of the DD 5.6 Admin Guide:
"DataDeploy supports database-to-database deployment only when data from one table is deployed to one destination table. You cannot use user-defined schemas for database-to-database deployments. For such deployments, use the database replication tools supplied by your database vendor."
Todd Scallan
Senior Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com