Yeah, my first post was a bit... ambiguous. Basically, I've got a snippet system, so that the same FormPub code can be used by any DCT. Since this means the path to the callout could be pretty much anything, I'm having trouble registering the event:DCT 1:IWEventRegistry.addItemHandler("/root/path/item", "onCallout", function)DCT 2:IWEventRegistry.addItemHandler("/otherRoot/foo/item", "onCallout", function)To make matters worse, we have what we call "Assembled" pages. These DCTs give the user a combination="or" for all our snippets, such that my browse snippet could be a replicant anywhere within the DCT.---------If I use dialog type="button", and wrap it in a container with the text item for the path, I might be able to use relative pathing: getItem(../text), but then I have this problem:< dialog type="button" label="browse" function="myFunction" >I'm not allowed to pass a reference to my button to "myFunction", which removes the ability to use relative pathing.I hope that's clearer, and I really appreciate any help!~Eric
< overview> <-- the root of the "overview" data type < intro/> < summaries> < article> ... < summary> ... < /article> < promotion> ... < summary> ... < /promotion> < /summaries>< /overview>
You know, I wish I had magically known that there was a response when I was banging my head against the keyboard last night. That will teach me to stop refreshing.
[...]I am curious about what you said about differing paths being myopic as a design paradigm.I've got my DCTs separated into data types ("article", "promotion", etc), and each has a unique root-container. This was done because one of the shared "snippets" between all low-level DCRs is a summary. I have some pages which consist merely of summaries of other DCRs. Since each different data type could require different presentation logic, the decision was made to give them unique root-containers.[...]