Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Editing roles for Components
ChaituKNag
Hi Everyone,
I am a teamsite master and I get requests from business users to add roles/permissions on particular branches for their user IDs.
Recently I encountered a weird situation. I had to give "Edit" roles on component branch for some users. I tried giving them all available roles to them like: SiteMaster, SiteOwner, Developer, SiteEditor, etc. But, I found out that only if that user is given "Master" role, they would be able to edit the components in component branch.
Is there any way that I can provide "Edit" roles to the users other than giving "Master" access to them? Because giving Master access would unnecessarily expose all files to those users, which might lead to misuse of the Master role.
Please suggest.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
A few things to consider (since I'm not right now sitting in front of a system, and I have Master access on the system I will be sitting in front of shortly - I cannot verify all of this):
These should generally be included in any thread you start in the forums since it often makes a difference in terms of the answer.