Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IE running 100% cpu
Bowker
On one of my sites (I'm just starting to build it) on occasion IE (v8) will peg the CPU and stay that way until I kill it. This occurs only in Edit mode and I have not found any correlation between my actions (edit/add/customize..) while editing and this issue.
I assume it's not a JavaScript issue since IE doesn't complain that the script is running a long time.
Has anyone else seen this? (and solved?)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
Well just because the browser didn't complain about a script running too long doesn't mean that it's not a JavaScript issue.
The issue was a setInterval("moveElement()",3000) had a recursive timed event (if (!done) setTimeout("moveElement()",50)) which never set done = true in some cases.
Whoops.