Is there a variable accessible by the workflow custom code that I can check to see what initiated the workflow (submit, tt_data, new job, ...) ?I recently discovered that our files marked "private" were being deployed to production when using "tt_data" and had to implement custom logic in our workflows to remove the "private" files from the workflow.We use the same workflow weather we are submitting / deploying one file or several thousand, and the additional check of the "private" flag will cause the workflow to take much longer when having to process thousands of files.My install is on TS 6.7.1 - Windows.
you can define it in available_models.xml not to submit after tt_data.
Am I correct in assuming that a “submit” initiated workflow automatically filters out “private” files?
No. Private Files get attached to the workflow just like any other Files.The only difference is that any flavor of "Submit" action (Submit Task, Submit CLT, Submit methods, etc...) do NOT submit Private Files to BranchSTAGING Area.
Is that the case with TS 6.7.1? With every test I perform (by selecting individual files, or entire folders and clicking on the "Submit" button), the "private" files are never visible by my workflow.
Are these "private" files named in a consistent manner or located in an isolated directory?If not - can they be?If you can do that, then all you need to do is add filters to your deployment configuration file (for both source and target side) to have the deployments completely ignore the existence of those files.
...I need to research the differences between "button submit" and iw.group.submit...
The files are typically existing files throughout the workarea that have nothing unique enough to them to use as a basis for any type of filtering (other than being marked private).Based on ISCBorisB's response I need to research the differences between "button submit" and iw.group.submit to see if I can guarantee that the tt_data initiation of the workflow is the only way these "private" files can get added to the workflow (between "submit" & "tt_data")... Once I've done that and if tt_data is deemed to be the only way these "private" files can be added to the WF, then it looks like the only option I may have would be to break out my workflows into two separate workflows (one for each "submit" & "tt_data"), rather than using just one that dynamically performs the "private" status check only when initiated by "tt_data".Thank you for your responses..